I've participated in the Great American Teach In several times; it's such a rewarding experience. I absolutely love reading and interacting with kids, and they love having guests at the school.
If you're a professional who wants to participate, but it seems too intimidating. read on!
It's super easy, and with a little preparation, you'll be ready to participate the next time it comes around.
What is the Great American Teach In?
The Great American Teach In is an annual event that brings together professionals from all over the country to share best practices and learn from each other.
Who can participate in the Great American Teach In?
The Great American Teach In is open to all professionals, including teachers, librarians, assistant teachers, or even college professors. In fact, anyone who works with children in a formal education capacity can participate. This includes homeschooling parents and after-school program instructors. While the event is geared towards classroom teachers, it is open to all who work in the education field.
When is the Great American Teach In?
The Great American Teach In is an annual event that takes place on the last Wednesday of October.
How do I register for the Great American Teach In?
If you're interested in participating in the Great American Teach In, you'll need to register first. You can do this by visiting the event website and creating an account. Once you've registered, you'll be able to log in and access all the resources you need to prepare for the event. Contact your local school for more details.
How do I prepare for the Great American Teach In?
1. Choose a topic that you're passionate about. The Great American Teach In is an opportunity to share your knowledge and love for a subject with others. Choose a topic that you know well and that you're excited to share with others.
2. Consider your audience. When preparing your presentation, keep in mind who your audience will be. What level of knowledge do they have about your chosen topic? What questions are they likely to have?
3. Keep it interactive. The Great American Teach In is not a lecture; it's an opportunity for interactive learning. Prepare activities or games that will get your audience involved and engaged in what you're teaching.
4. Make it fun! The more fun you make the Great American Teach In, the more your audience will enjoy it and learn from it. So have fun, and encourage your audience to do the same!
What should I bring to the Great American Teach In?
When you attend the Great American Teach In, you will be representing your profession. Most importantly, you should bring a positive attitude and a willingness to share your passion for teaching with others! Other than that, here are a few things you may want to bring: -Your resume or CV -A small stack of business cards -Educational materials or handouts related to your presentation or workshop -Any giveaways or door prizes you may be offering.
What should I wear to the Great American Teach In?
One of the most common questions we get is "What should I wear to the Great American Teach In?" While there is no dress code for the event, I recommend that you dress comfortably and professionally. Many professionals choose to wear business casual attire, but you should feel free to wear whatever makes you feel confident and comfortable. Keep in mind that you'll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure to wear comfortable shoes!
What are the benefits of participating in the Great American Teach In?
1. Professional Development – The Great American Teach In can provide valuable professional development opportunities for participating professionals. It is a great way to learn new teaching techniques, as well as network with other professionals.
2. Positive PR for the employer – The event can also be a great way to generate positive publicity for your employer. This can help attract new clients as well as build community support.
3. Fun for Everyone – Last but not least, the Great American Teach In is simply a lot of fun! It’s a great way for professionals to show students what they love about their job, and it’s also a chance for students to get excited about learning.
5 Benefits of Amazon Prime For Parents With Young Children
As a parent, it can be very difficult to go shopping, visit the supermarket and purchase needed clothes. From juggling nap times to food preparation, parents are typically strapped for time. Amazon Prime can be a very useful subscription for parents who daily manage a lot of activities at home. Prime is especially beneficial for parents with young children.
Let’s look at some of the awesome benefits of Amazon Prime:
1. Free and Quick Shipping
Amazon Prime is really winning with its free two-day shipping. They also offer one-day, same-day and two-hour delivery.
2. Discounted Prices on Baby Essentials
You can sign up for Amazon Family and get up to 20% off essentials like baby food, diapers and all the other things you need for your baby by signing up for repeat deliveries through Subscribe and Save.
3. Grocery Shopping Made Easy
Having a baby can really make going to the grocery store an Olympics level activity. With Amazon Prime, you can spend $15 monthly and order the grocery you need from your phone and they will be delivered directly to your door.
4. Restock Your Pantry
Amazon Pantry is a feature of Amazon Prime that gives you the opportunity to order your staples. Get diapers, your baby’s formula, lotions and others delivered to you. When you spend $35 or more, you will qualify for free shipping.
5. Try on Clothes Before Buying
It’s not an easy task to shop while handling young children. Amazon Prime allows you to order up to eight items to try on before you buy. You only keep and pay for the ones you like.
Interested in signing up for Amazon Prime? Give it a try today.
Did you know you could add your name to the Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution? cool right?
In this video, I show you how easy it is. Great activity for Constitution Day (9/17), U.S. government, and history lessons.
Check out my book "It's the Law! The U.S. Constitution from A to Z" to help kids learn about the Constitution, get fun facts, and see copies of the original document. Purchase here: joselinehardrik.com/shop.
Sign the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence here: https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/join-the-signers
In this 2-minute video, I share why I became a children's book author including my desire to increase representation in children's books and encourage mindfulness in kids. Check it out!
📢 New Read Aloud Video!
It's the back-to-school season! This book, The Butterfly Hug, is a great resource for kids and their adults to help stay calm as we navigate this new normal.
This meditation is now available as a companion to the Finding Joy in the journey to Esquire ™ books. Try it today for quick stress release! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more great resources.
My son starts school again and as a second-grader he is learning to read- which means lots of sight words! He hates practicing his sight words, so I created this book to help him to memorize these words in a fun and easy way. Get your copy today: joselinehardrick.com/shop.
New Book Release! Available on Amazon.com in e-book and paperback.
A young girl goes to the courthouse with her mom for “Take Your Child to Work Day.” She is not sure what to expect, and she is curious about her mom’s job. She meets all kinds of people who work at the courthouse and gets excited to see the big courtroom. After meeting all the people who make the courtroom run, she has a special surprise at the end when she finds out that her mom is the judge.
Please enjoy this read aloud of my latest book Take the "A" Train. This is a great resource for an elementary school read aloud, especially for Black History Month! Share it with the little ones and teachers in your life today! JJH